May 25, 2013

MUSIC & OCD

I'm reading a memoir of a person with OCD.
They mention that in their despair
they are drawn to angry, raging music.
It gives them reassurance that they are not alone
in their suffering;
that these musicians are also angry
& furious about their unfair conditions.
***
For me, the opposite is true.
As a caregiver for our son I'm drawn
to soothing music...
...music that calms,
....that repairs
that mends the damage
done by daily hardships.
That's why I listen to my own 5 minute breaks.
***
Here's Kurt Hugo Schneider
with the best cover of Richard Marx's "Right Here Waiting"

 Kurt has a math degree from Yale University
not a music degree.
Could have fooled me! Go Kurt!

from the front garden

n


n


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super-duper day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...